Tuesday 5 May 2015

Time Management and Organisation

It is evident in my journal that my time management skills and organisation need too improve drastically in order too suit my busy life style. Lack of these skills cause stress which tends too make my day much harder. I often find myself procrastinating and focusing on work I consider 'fun', for example, script work and learning new songs too sing; although this is work related and important too my career it is not always top priority.

I have critically reflected on habits which hinder my ability too manage time and organise and began to make changes too my daily routine.
  • Create ACHIEVABLE to do lists, rather than a list of un-achievable tasks which would be impossible too complete effectively in one day. ( maybe split the list and spread tasks over a few days)
  • Organise emails into professional and miscellaneous to avoid wasting time searching through hundred of wowcher emails!
  • Save contact numbers too my phone rather than guessing which number belongs too which person by reading through call logs and texts.
  • DO NOT PROCRASTINATE (no matter how tempted)
  • Reflect-on-action and reflect before action. Reflecting on action will enable me too analyse parts of experiences which need improving and which were successful. This will allow me too anticipate for next time and prepare and make changes effectively to save time.
  • Organise notebook into sections rather than scribbling notes on random pages. (Teaching, Performance notes, BAPP tasks)


This excellent information page from Kent university has really helped me improve my practice so far and will continue too do so. This is not a skill I will master over night and will be a work in progress. I posted it too my blog as I thought it maybe useful too anybody experiencing similar set backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment